18. Witnessing

Mark 16:15 “And he said to them, Go you into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

Matthew 28:19 “Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

Jesus gave these commands to all His followers, not just the ministry. It is the responsibility of every believer to do all they can to bring all they come in contact with to God.

If I love my neighbor as much as I love myself, I don’t want them to go to Hell any more than I want to go to Hell myself. I want them to know the joy of serving God and having His forgiveness.

The first way I can witness to those around me is by the life I live.
 

1 Thessalonians 5:22 “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”
There are sometimes things that are not sins but appear to others to be sins. For the sake of those who don’t know God and those who are younger in God than I am, I will abstain.
 

1 Corinthians 8:13 “Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.” There was no sin in eating meat. But to protect his fellow Christians, Paul determined he would not eat meat wherever it caused problems. I should have the same attitude towards my brothers.
 

John 13:35 “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.”
Though many religions have an element of love, Christianity is the only one that is based on love. If I choose the loving path every time, I will show the love of God to others. This means I will do all I can to help my fellow Christians in their walk with God, as well as living love to the unsaved in my life.

“Our actions are the only sermon many people will ever hear.”

I don’t want to beat people over the head or become obnoxious with my faith, but I do want to take every chance possible to tell them about Jesus and the wonderful things He has done in my life.

What do I do if they accept Jesus as their Boss?

If someone I am witnessing to accepts Jesus as their savior, it becomes my responsibility to help them get started on their walk with God. Just like a Mamma sheep nurses, protects and cares for her lambs, I become like a spiritual Mamma to this new baby Christian.
I will need to teach them to read their Bible and pray, and encourage them to commit to a church. I will need to be available to answer questions. I will probably need to arrange to meet them on a weekly basis to answer questions.

If I need guidance, I can go to my pastor or my spiritual “mamma” for help.